Not Ready for Summer Camp Yet?
Try Pine Forest Explorer Camp and Play Days!
Explorer Camp:Come up for the weekend for two fun-filled days and one night at camp! If your child is entering 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th grade and is not yet ready for camp, we encourage you to visit while camp is in session and try our Explorer Camp.
Dates: July 15-16, July 22-23 (for current camper siblings), July 29-30, 2017
Transportation: Available to and from Philadelphia and New York City
Cost: $200 (credited towards tuition upon registration)
Play Days:Play Days are our version of Explorers in one action-packed, 10AM-4PM, day! Parents are invited to tour camp and meet with the directors, then they're encouraged to go out to lunch and explore the area while future campers enjoy camp for the day!
Dates: July 8, 2017, August 5, 2017
Cost: No charge
PACKING LIST FOR EXPLORER OVERNIGHT
- Bathing suit
- Beach towel
- Shower towel
- Hair brush or comb
- Warm clothes for evening
- Sleeping Bag
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Change of clothes for Sunday
- Water Bottle
- A smile
Sample Explorer Mini-Camp Schedule:Saturday
11:30 amWelcome Explorer campers and a tour of Pine Forest Camp.
12:30 pmHealthy Lunch; could be grilled cheese, hamburgers and hot dogs, always paired with delicious salad choices.
1:00 pmExplorers join our youngest bunks for supervised play both inside a real cabin and outside group games.
1:45 pmOrganized games and athletics with Chad, our Athletic Director who's been at camp for over 40 years.
2:30 pmGet Ready for a nature hike to The Lake for boating, sailing and jumping off the iceberg.
4:30 pmChoice Activity; What do you love to do? Join our incredible staff to learn gymnastics, cooking, nature, model rocketry, yoga, and more!
5:20 pmShower Time.
6 pmDinner; What’s on the menu tonight? Baked chicken, tacos, Chinese food, something healthy and appetizing offer each night paired with your choice of delicious sides.
6:30 pmLine up! Hear about awesome evening activities, listen to the news of the day and lower the flag.
6:45pmArts and Crafts; make a pillow or a candle to bring home.
7:30 pmEvening activities; join in with our Junior campers and counselors for unique night time fun.
8:30 pmCampfire with s'mores, songs and stories.
8:00 amWake up.
8:20 amBreakfast with bagels, eggs, fruit and cereal.
9:30am–11:30amLower and upper rope elements at our Adventure Course.
11:30 amGroup, bunk pictures by the Explorer Cabin.
12 pmDeparture with box lunches.
Sample Play Day Mini-Camp Schedule:
- 10:00am Welcome Play Day campers and a tour of Pine Forest Camp for parents. Campers participate in activities such as boating, arts and crafts, ropes and athletics.
- 12:30pm Healthy Lunch; could be grilled cheese, hamburgers and hot dogs, always paired with delicious salad choices.
- 1:00pm Explorers join our youngest bunks for supervised play both inside a real cabin and outside group games.
- 1:45pm Organized games and athletics with Chad, our Athletic Director who's been at camp for over 40 years.
- 2:30pm Get ready for a nature hike to The Lake for boating, sailing and jumping off the iceberg. Who knows, maybe s’mores will follow!
- 4:00pm Parents return to camp to pick up campers.
We hope to see you next summer!!